Health Info Resources
Did our recent articles about stroke, minimally invasive surgery, or our other health topics pique your interest? You can learn more about any of these subjects by looking through the resources below. If you have any remaining questions, please contact West Hills Hospital & Medical Center by calling (818) 676-4000.
- Stroke is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. This article from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke provides more information about the causes, symptoms, and consequences of stroke.
- You can also read some of the statistics and facts associated with stroke on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- The National Stroke Association has created a simple and easy way to remember and recognize the symptoms of stroke . You can learn more about this helpful method by visiting their website, Stroke.org.
- Do you have questions about the basics of minimally invasive surgical procedures? This overview from KidsHealth.org presents some helpful information about how these surgeries are normally performed.
- There are three burn degrees that are assigned based on the severity of the injury. More information on the three levels of burns and their causes can be found on the MedlinePlus online medical reference.
- For burns that are not life threatening, being aware of basic first aid procedures can help to promote proper healing and avoid infection. You can find out more about the basics of burn first aid on the American Academy of Family Physicians website.
- Colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States. This PubMed Health medical reference provides more information about the causes, incidence, and risk factors for this type of cancer.
- The National Cancer Institute website contains a digital booklet explaining the basics of colorectal cancer, including the recommended screening and how the disease is staged.
- Fortunately, colon cancer can easily be detected and prevented through basic screening exams. In this article, the American Cancer Society emphasizes the importance of early detection in the treatment of colorectal cancer.
- Are you looking for additional resources to help you eat a healthier diet ? The United States Department of Agriculture outlines the recommended dietary guidelines in this helpful article.