Click Through These Links for More Helpful Information About Your Health
Taking better care of your health begins with education about making good lifestyle choices. The following resources contain more information about UV protection, the benefits of physical activity, and much more. If you have any remaining questions about staying healthy, simply call West Hills Hospital & Medical Center at (818) 676-4000.
- Improving your cardiovascular fitness provides many benefits in addition to decreasing your risk of heart disease. Learn more on the American Heart Association website.
- Visit FitnessHealth101.com to find out more about how your cardiovascular system works and why it is so important to exercise it.
- Are you looking to start an exercise routine ? Find a helpful guide for physical activity on the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website.
- There are many different types of skin cancers —learn more about them on the American Cancer Society website.
- This article from SkinCancerNet provides some helpful tips for protecting against the sun’s harmful rays and preventing skin cancer.
- Did you know that UV rays can also damage your eyes? Prevent Blindness America discusses how on their website.
- Burn injuries are unfortunately very common in the home. Visit KidsHealth.org to read more about burns and how to prevent them in your home.
- Lupus is an autoimmune disease that has the ability to damage any part of the body. This comprehensive overview from the Lupus Foundation answers many frequently asked questions about this common disease.
- You can also read more about the causes, incidence, and symptoms of lupus on the PubMed Health online medical reference.
- Staying healthy can help to prevent cancer and will improve your ability to fight the disease if you are diagnosed. Check out these articles for more ways to stay healthy.