Visit These Websites to Learn More About Your Health and the Services Offered by West Hills Hospital
In our recent blog posts, we discussed burn injury treatment and first aid procedures.
If you are looking to learn more about these health topics, click through these resources or contact West Hills Hospital & Medical Center at (818) 676-4000.
- Drowning and near drowning occur from suffocation underwater. Learn more about the symptoms, causes, and treatment of this medical emergency on MedlinePlus.
- Keep your friends and family safe near water this summer by reading through this guide on the American Red Cross website.
- Most cases of cervical cancer are the result of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. Learn more about cervical cancer on the National Cancer Institute website.
- You can also find out more about cervical cancer and the screening guidelines for the detection of this disease on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- Are you at risk for cervical cancer? This article from the American Cancer Society provides more information about the factors that may contribute to the development of this disease.
- Burn injuries can result from heat, radiation, chemicals, or electricity. Read about the degrees of burns and their treatment in this helpful article.
- Burns can occur in any household. Learn about preventing burn injuries in your home by reading this article on FamilyDoctor.org .
- Visit WomensHealth.gov to find many helpful resources regarding women’s health topics.
- You can also check out the CDC website to find some of the most up-to-date information associated with women’s health and research topics.
- Getting screened regularly for breast cancer , cervical cancer, and other diseases can help you to stay healthy. Visit the American Cancer Society website to find a recommended screening schedule.