A Closer Look at Mammography
Cancer care experts recommend annual mammograms as a fundamental component of early breast cancer detection and successful treatment. As this video explains, mammography has been highly effective in decreasing the occurrence of breast cancer-related deaths over the last 20 years.
Healthcare providers stress the importance of getting an annual mammogram at age 40, as well as receiving an annual clinical exam and remaining aware of your own breast tendencies. With advancements in breast cancer detection methods and treatments, cancer care specialists have witnessed a 30 percent drop in breast cancer fatalities since 1990. While mammography combined with good treatment can often eliminate breast cancer, there are still limitations of which women should be aware. This is why the continued support of breast cancer research is crucial toward finding better and more comprehensive techniques to fight this disease.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. West Hills Hospital and Medical Center in West Hills, California provides quality cancer care for breast cancer patients. To find out more about our services, please call (818) 676-4000.
- When Should Someone Go to the ER for an Asthma Attack?
- West Hills Hospital & Medical Center Offers Online Pre-Registration to Patients!
- What to expect from your first cardiologist visit
- Eye Health and Protection
- Nation’s Leader in Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery Now on Staff at West Hills Hospital