Learn More About Your Health With These Resources
Knowledge is the first step toward creating a healthier and happier future for you and your family. These articles discuss how to protect your health with prevention and treatment.
- A healthy heart is essential for overall wellness. The American Heart Association gives readers some tips on how to incorporate more heart-healthy fruits and vegetables into their daily diets.
- Obesity is a problem for millions of Americans. The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers ways to decrease your risk for this life-endangering condition.
- Some obese individuals may consider bariatric surgery to reduce their weight and obesity risks. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration provides a detailed explanation of how the gastric band procedure works .
- Heart disease is a pressing problem for both men and women. WomensHealth.gov reports on the heart health hazards that many women face.
- Lung cancer is a largely preventable disease. USA.gov tells readers how they can lower their chances of getting lung cancer.
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center provides an extensive array of prevention and treatment services for those in the West Hills region. Our cancer care and cardiovascular centers can help you ward off disease for a lifetime of wellness. To find out more about our healthcare options, call (818) 676-4000. We also offer our Consult-A-Nurse referral system for those wanting to learn more about their symptoms and healthcare needs.